You are here
Project Connect FAQ's
When you sign up for Project Connect, you are signing up for a one-year (school year) commitment.
Project Connect events will be communicated:
- Abby Connect when it goes live
Sign in/sign out sheet with the time leave the school.
Volunteer time is paid for their normal scheduled hours of work are used to help at a Project Connect.
For example, if an event is from 3-5 pm, and the employee normally works 8-4, then 1 hour is paid time and the other hour is unpaid.
This is a volunteer initiative, where the employee is provided opportunity to volunteer and not have interrupted earnings because of it, not to receive extra compensation for their efforts, monetarily.
No, this is a volunteer initiative, where the employee is provided opportunity to volunteer and not have interrupted earnings because of it.
As a Project Connect participant, you are able to volunteer up to 3 days of your regular assignment. This is an initiative designed to provide opportunity, not entitlement - these days do not get banked, or rolled over if unused.
For example: If you are 0.5 FTE, working 3.5 hours a day, then you could participate in the program for up to 10.5 hours.
When an event is broadcasted, there will be an allotted time given for each event. If you use less than the allotted time, you simply return to your workplace. The allotted hours are subtracted from the days you are allowed.
- Complete the Leave of Absence (LOA) form, select 'Other' and note 'Project Connect' with the date and the allotted time given for the event.
- Submit to your supervisor, and based on work demand and a first come, first serve basis within your department, your LOA will be processed accordingly.
- The LOA form then comes to HR and is coordinated. If there are already enough participants for an event, you will be advised and put on the 'wait list'.
- Your Project Connect time is entered into dispatch.
Submit your absence, using the Automated Dispatch, advise your supervisor, and email the school contact and the Project Connect email advising you that you will not be attending. Due to administration workload, we may or may not be 'refunding' this event to the number of days you are given to be able to volunteer.