You are here
Our Kids Are Worth It
What is Project Connect?
Abbotsford School District is pleased to announce the launch of Project Connect, an employee volunteer program (i.e. open to school district employees only) that provides added assistance within our schools.
Support staff employed in our district but not located within a school setting are now offered the opportunity of up to 3 days of paid time to connect with students and contribute to our District’s Mission and Purpose.
Project Connect allows the the chance to make a difference in a way that is unlike normal job duties, and reinforces our collaborative dedication to students, as everyone who works at Abbotsford School District is committed helping students achieve success. Project Connect is a great way to give back, and offer skills and talents outside of our work, to our school district’s students.
This grassroots program has been designed by support staff.
“Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve…” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
How Can I Help?
Project Connect offers the following areas of helping opportunities - Check out our newsletter at the bottom of this page:
- Reading Support
- Sports Day
- Christmas Performance
- Science Fair Judging at University of the Fraser Valley
- Band Events
- Sports Events
How Do I Become Involved?
Project Connect is administered on a first come, first serve basis. The following steps are outlined below to secure involvement.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the sign up process.
- Complete an application to volunteer form and wait for an email of introduction to advise you what dates, times and places, event opportunities will be.
- When you see an event you are interested in, complete a Leave Of Absence form selecting the “Other” box. Write in Project Connect as the reason, enter the date and the number of hours allocated for this event. Click here to see an example.
- Submit the completed LOA form to your supervisor for authorization and send it to HR.
- Await for the confirmation email, providing you specifics, and contact information.
- On the day of the event, wear your Abbotsford SD ID badge and check in at the location office.
For more information, please contact Project Connect at 604-859-4891 ext. 1272